Audi T&T gave eight lucky Sport Car enthusiasts the opportunity to participate in the Audi Sport Car Experience 2010 in Guatemala on June 25 at the Los Volcanes Raceway with emphasis on Audi Sport cars.
This once in a lifetime Sport Car experience provided drivers with the opportunity to experience Audi’s highest performance vehicles on a racetrack in a world-class environment. Participants will acquired a broad knowledge of mechanical principles and techniques involved in driving a vehicle under high speed conditions such as the fundamentals of driving, giant slalom, technique of a curve, track introduction, and track lapping in the following vehicles:
• R8 5.2 R-Tronic Inspired from race-winning Le Mans technology, the Audi R8 boasts meticulous craftsmanship, one-of-a-kind design and one powerful innovation after another.
• S4 3.0L TFSITFSIAudi was the first manufacturer in the world to combine petrol direct injection with turbocharging in large-scale car productionTFSI Manual The redesigned S4 and stellar new engine provides throttle response is nothing short of amazing.
• S5 Coupe 4.2L FSIFSIGetting more out of every drop of petrol.FSI Manual The S5 arguably offers eye-catching style with tremendous performance.
• S6 5.2L FSI TiptronictiptronicGearshifts with the minimum interruption in power flow – the six-speed tiptronic transmission unites automatic shifting comfort and outstanding driveability.tiptronic The Audi S6 stands alone. Best in class luxury combined with absolutely stunning performance.
• RS6 5.0L T Tiptronic There is no other car in the RS6 league that offers such an intoxicating combination of attributes. Securely fasten your seatbelt and feel the power of a dual fed Turbo V10.
Audi designed a programme that allowed participants to experience sports car driving in a real, live and compelling manner. The program enabled drivers to face multiple driving conditions experiencing Audi technologies such as quattro®quattro®Vorsprung durch Technik: quattro® technology stands for permanent power to all four wheels distributed between the front and rear axles.quattro® , FSI, TDITDISynonymous with muscular torque delivery and outstanding efficiency: TDI. Today, TDI engines are sporty, smooth and economical.TDI , Audi Drive SelectAudi drive selectMastery of driving dynamics: Audi drive select integrates the technical components that determine the quality of the driving experience.Audi drive select , Sport Differential, Dynamic SteeringDynamic steeringAudi dynamic steering alters the steering ratio depending on the vehicle speed and simultaneously adjusts the steering torque to match the ratio.Dynamic steering , and the Audi Space frameAudi Space FrameThe Audi Space Frame is a high-strength aluminium frame structure into which all panels are integrated so that they also perform a load-bearing function.Audi Space Frame .
Check the image gallery of this event: